[unixODBC-dev] Perl, DBI, DBD::ODBC and an ODBC Driver Manager

Martin J. Evans martin at easysoft.com
Thu Jul 29 08:49:52 BST 2004

Untar DBD::ODBC and read the README.

Build DBD::ODBC outside of CPAN:

1. untar DBD::ODBC
2. export ODBCHOME=/usr/local (I assume that is where you installed unixODBC)
3. export DBI_DSN='dbi:ODBC:mydsn'
4. export DBI_USER=dbusername
5. export DBI_PASS=dbpassword
6. perl Makefile.PL
7. make
8. make test
9. su
10. make install

BTW, Your odbc.ini file looks very iODBC like. You don't need:

>     [ODBC Data Sources]
>     mydsn

Martin
--