[unixODBC-dev] I am a Linux, unixODBC newbie

Bill bberends at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 27 00:58:42 BST 2004

I am new to both Linux and unixODBC, mysql, and the list goes on.  I am
working on a little project for my daughter and need some assistance.

I have a script that allows her to enter a reminder message and the date
that she wants to be reminded.  So far, I have the script to add the
crontab, which kicks off another script file to query mysql to get the
email address and message to email to her.  My problem is that I cannot
find out how to pass variables to mysql and receive the answer back
short of writing it to a file and then reading the file.  Can somebody
please point me in the right direction?

I appreciate your help and time.
Sincerely,
Bill Berends