[unixODBC-dev] how to make a package UNIXOdbc compatible?

Tamer Higazi tamer23 at myrealbox.com
Sat Jul 24 10:06:43 BST 2004

Dear Nick!
Cyrus Imap Server, Phprojekt and Jabber Deamon 2 don't offer ODBC access
through their "./configure" tool to compile the package for my system. I
compiled the latest version of ODBC and installed it. what I have are
the libraries located at "/usr/local/lib". If i want to compile a
package from the source telling that the mysql libraries are in
"/usr/local/lib" i get allready the answer during configurating the
packages "configure: error: MySQL client libraries not found".

This is the configuration output of the jabber2d which wants a MySQL
Database as backbone for it's installation:

checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... yes
checking for OpenSSL version >= 0.9.6b... yes
checking mysql.h usability... no
checking mysql.h presence... no
checking for mysql.h... no
checking for mysql.h in /usr/include/mysql... no

Do you know what I have to do, that this application access the the
maxdb Database instead the mysql one?!

The Goal of my projekt is, that all three applications access in reality
the maxdb Database!