[unixODBC-dev] Connection to MS-SQL

Fri Jul 23 17:05:38 BST 2004

> Be careful - you do not want multiple versions of unixODBC
> installed. In

He's very right. You better don't ...

> My question is, How can I tell everybody to use the same .ini?

... but if you have no choice use

  ODBCSYSINI=/usr/local/etc; export ODBCSYSINI

and any unixODBC installation will ignore your /etc/odbc*.ini
If you continue to have the same problem after all you probably have
some driver or dsn in /etc/odbc*.ini that you need to move over to
/usr/local/etc/odbc*.ini

Stefan