[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC and Unicode?

Sven Köhler skoehler at upb.de
Thu Jul 22 12:11:35 BST 2004

Hi,

does unixODBC support unicode-drivers? And what does unixODBC do, if an
non-unicode application tries to use a unicode driver?

I often use Perl and DBD-ODBC on Windows with the SAPDB Unicode ODBC
Driver. Perl and DBD-ODBC aren't Unicode aware yet, afaik. Since all
german umlauts etc. are correct, i guess that the driver manager
translates all unicode-strings to the current locale.

Does unixODBC also do this translation? and does it support UCS2? The
SAPDB developers told me, that their ODBC driver does use UCS2 even on
UNIX which seems to use UCS4 for unicode characters.

Thx
   Sven