[unixODBC-dev] Re: [unixODBC-announce] Can unixODBC supportoracle?

Thu Jul 22 09:33:41 BST 2004

> > How do you define "free"?? ;-)
> The same way most people in the free software and open source world
> define it:
>   http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

It's definitely "Open Source Software" and it's definitely not GPLed.

> A cursory glance at this EPL shows "Commercial Use" as a definition
> which I assume is distinguished from other uses, so I guess the answer
> to my original question is "no".

I can't find anything in the EPL that would prohibit commercial use.
After reading

http://web.archive.org/web/20000822023037/www.easysoft.org/docs/about.ph
tml
(see "Why not GPL?" at the bottom of the page)
I'd guess the answer to your original question is YES.

Stefan