[unixODBC-DEV] - odbcinstext.h - bug report

Wed Jul 14 17:53:31 BST 2004

Nick,

Some time ago (earlier in this thread) you said you would have a look at
breaking the "public" interface out of odbcinstext.h to resolve the
dependency on ini.h and log.h.

You'll find a patch attached that does the job IMHO.
When UNIXODBC_SOURCE is undefined (which it usually is outside the
source tree:) only the public interface of odbcinstext is exposed.
The only lack I can see are the INI_* limits that could potentially get
out of sync with ini.h (where I copied them from).

Thanks to freddy77 for the initial idea. See "BIG Hack" at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/freetds/freetds/sr/odbc/connectpar
ams.c?view=auto
;-)

Stefan

PS: I'm sure the file can also be re-organized to limit the "#ifdef
UNIXODBC_SOURCE" to one place.