[unixODBC-dev] API differences sql.h unixODBC vs. MS

Daniel Gustafsson daniel at mimer.se
Mon Dec 20 21:35:21 GMT 2004

>> > I'm currently running on Windows 2000 Server and MS Visual Studio 6.0
>> > This is "old"?
>>
>> What Freddy and Nick are referring to is
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/ht
>> m/dasdkodbcoverview_64bit.asp
>> "The ODBC headers and libraries shipped with MDAC 2.7 SDK contain
>> changes that will allow programmers to easily write code for the new 64
>> bit platforms."
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/downloads/updates/default.aspx#MDAC
>
> Clearly I'm missing something.  I have the MDAC 2.8 SDK installed
> (which, I presume should have the same 64-bit updates), but the
> only sql.h I see installed is
> /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/Include/SQL.H,
> which has the old API.

Hi,

It looks like the ODBC header files are not included in the MDAC 2.8 SDK
distribution available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/data, but they are
included in the MDAC 2.8 (and 2.7) SDKs available in the Platform SDK.

Download MDAC 2.7 or 2.8 SDK here...
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate

Regards
Daniel Gustafsson