[unixODBC-dev] Problem loading our ODBC driver

Thu Dec 9 22:27:34 GMT 2004

> > Our ODBC driver doesn't have a dependency on libodbcinst.so.
It better should if it uses any of the functions of the odbcinst
interface

> > "ldd" on MySQL ODBC driver (libodbcmyS.so) and PostgreSQL
libodbcmyS.so is the driver SETUP library that does not use/need
SQLGetPrivateProfileString

> > (libodbcpsql.so) and neither of them have the dependency on
> > libodbcinst.so as well.
libodbcpsql.so that is included with unixODBC links the odbcinst library
statically from the unixODBC source tree.
for whatever (historical) reason ...
Later versions of the PostgreSQL ODBC driver (psqlodbc-07.03.xxx) do
have that shared library dependency (psqlodbc_la_LIBADD = -lodbcinst)

---
Stefan