[unixODBC-dev] Problem loading our ODBC driver

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Thu Dec 9 15:48:30 GMT 2004

Raghavan Gurumurthy wrote:

> All: Starting with unixODBC driver manager version 2.2.10, our
> customers are reporting an error (Cant open lib: libsqlbaseodbc.so -
> undefined symbol SQLGetPrivateProfileString) when trying their
> applications with our ODBC driver. The same application apparently
> works ok when used with unixODBC driver manager version 2.2.8. Any
> clues as to what is causing the problem?
>
> As far as I know, the SQLGetPrivateProfileString is implemented by the
> driver manager and not expected to be in the driver code.
>
> Thanks,
> Raghavan Gurumurthy
> Gupta Technologies

Hi,

SQLGetPrivateProfile() is implemented in libodbcinst.so I suspect you
are just linking against libodbc.so which is the driver manager, and you
should be linking against libodbcinst.so.

Applications should link against libodbc.so that is the driver manager,
and drivers (which are under the DM) link with libodbcinst.so to get
these functions.