[unixODBC-dev] Problem loading our ODBC driver

Thu Dec 9 11:59:15 GMT 2004

What's the output of "ldd /usr/lib/libsqlbaseodbc.so"?

The driver should have a shared library dependency to libodbcinst.so
(that's where SQLGetPrivateProfileString is implemented).

Stefan
-----Original Message-----
From: unixodbc-dev-bounces at easysoft.com
[mailto:unixodbc-dev-bounces at easysoft.com] On Behalf Of Raghavan
Gurumurthy
Sent: Wednesday, 08 December, 2004 21:25
To: 'unixodbc-dev at easysoft.com.'
Subject: [unixODBC-dev] Problem loading our ODBC driver

All: Starting with unixODBC driver manager version 2.2.10, our customers
are reporting an error (Cant open lib: libsqlbaseodbc.so - undefined
symbol SQLGetPrivateProfileString) when trying their applications with
our ODBC driver. The same application apparently works ok when used with
unixODBC driver manager version 2.2.8. Any clues as to what is causing
the problem?
As far as I know, the SQLGetPrivateProfileString is implemented by the
driver manager and not expected to be in the driver code.
Thanks,
Raghavan Gurumurthy
Gupta Technologies