[unixODBC-dev] Solaris 64-BIT DM

H Shivaprasad shivaprasad_h at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 06:45:05 GMT 2004

Thanks for your valuable replies.
I will start with Nick's suggestion i.e setting the CFLAGS to -xarch=v9.

Thanks!

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 02:25:05 -0800 (PST)
From: H Shivaprasad
Subject: [unixODBC-dev] Solaris 64-BIT DM
To: unixodbc-dev at mail.easysoft.com

Hi All,

I am using Solaris 64BIT Driver, so I need to
install/build the Solaris 64BIT Driver Manager.
Can any one give me pointer to start with, like the
pre-requisites, DM documents related Solaris 64BIT
build etc. Any pointer will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks!

If you are running Solaris 9 or newer you can try the MyODBC distribution
here http://www.peterharvey.org/MySQL as they include the 32/64 bit binaries
for unixODBC.

Peter Harvey,
Software Developer MySQL AB,
www.mysql.com
Are you MySQL certified?
www.mysql.com/certification

Assuming you have the sun compiler, and you are on solaris, setting
CFLAGS to -xarch=v9 should do what you want

export CLFAGS=-xarch=v9
./configure
make
make install