[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC on SUsE-Linux

Matthias Meier meier at fuh.de
Tue Aug 31 17:05:31 BST 2004

Nick Gorham schrieb:
> Matthias Meier wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I'm trying to get unixODBC running on two of my Linux-PCs.
>>
>> On the first Pc (SuSE Linux 7.3) i compiled, installed and everything
>> went fine : the ODBC-Connection works!
>>
>> But on the second (SuSE Linux 9.0 (i586) / cc (GCC) 3.3.1 ) i
>> encounter always get 'SQL PREPARE- Errors (10010)
>>
>> This is what i did:
>>
>> unpack the tar archive
>> ./configure --enable-static
>> make
>> make install
>

> Any reason why the --enable-static ?

Because i want to build static executables later on - with '--enable-static' i get the .a-files which i need (later).

>> startet 'ODBCConfig' and createt a System DSN (MyDB) with a
>> 'txt'-ODBC-Driver
>>     as described in 'unixODBC-2.2.9/Drivers/txt/doc/Setup.html'
>>
>> started 'isql MyDB'
>> create table test ( Col1 VARCHAR(100), Col2 VARCHAR(100) )
>

> Try
>
> isql -v MyDB
>
> It will display any error text

SQL> select * from tst
[-----][unixODBC]START: hStmt = 0x806f0d8 nAttribute = 10010
[-----][unixODBC]END: Attribute not supported.
[-----][unixODBC]START: hStmt = 0x806f0d8 nAttribute = 10011
[-----][unixODBC]END: Attribute not supported.
[-----][unixODBC]START: hStmt = 0x806f0d8 nAttribute = 10012
[-----][unixODBC]END: Attribute not supported.
[-----][unixODBC]START: hStmt = 0x806f0d8 nAttribute = 10013
[-----][unixODBC]END: Attribute not supported.
[-----][unixODBC]hStmt = 0x806f0d8
[-----][unixODBC]parse error processing 'select' on line 1
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare

... not realy helpfull for me ...

>> gives me an error:
>>     "[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare"
>>
>> If i use DataManager insted of isql i get the message:
>>     "hStmt= 0x... nAttributee = 10010" and
>>     "[DriverManager] Function Sequence Error"
>>
>> If i create a file (tst) in the data directory by hand i can query
>> information about the table
>> (isql->  help tst)
>> but not from the table
>> (isql-> select * from tst : [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare).
>

> In the create you called it test is it test or tst ?

In the 'create' statement (which did not work) i used test - but the file i created by hand is 'tst'

Thank you very much!
Matthias