[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC on SUsE-Linux

Matthias Meier meier at fuh.de
Tue Aug 31 15:39:35 BST 2004

Hello!

I'm trying to get unixODBC running on two of my Linux-PCs.

On the first Pc (SuSE Linux 7.3) i compiled, installed and everything went fine : the ODBC-Connection works!

But on the second (SuSE Linux 9.0 (i586) / cc (GCC) 3.3.1 ) i encounter always get 'SQL PREPARE- Errors (10010)

This is what i did:

unpack the tar archive
./configure --enable-static
make
make install

startet 'ODBCConfig' and createt a System DSN (MyDB) with a 'txt'-ODBC-Driver
	as described in 'unixODBC-2.2.9/Drivers/txt/doc/Setup.html'

started 'isql MyDB'
create table test ( Col1 VARCHAR(100), Col2 VARCHAR(100) )

gives me an error:
	"[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare"

If i use DataManager insted of isql i get the message:
	"hStmt= 0x... nAttributee = 10010" and
	"[DriverManager] Function Sequence Error"

If i create a file (tst) in the data directory by hand i can query information about the table
(isql->  help tst)
but not from the table
(isql-> select * from tst : [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare).

Any ideas?

Thanks for all help!

Matthias