[unixODBC-dev] DB2 and datatype -350

Mike Cowley Mike.Cowley at neonsys.com
Thu Aug 19 21:05:15 BST 2004

Sorry for delayed response, but I've been behind.
I hope you found this info already, but if not here it is.

The DB2 doc states :

-350   INVALID SPECIFICATION OF A LARGE OBJECT COLUMN

Explanation:  The ALTER TABLE, CREATE TABLE, or CREATE INDEX statement is
invalid for one of the following reasons:

o   A LOB column cannot be added to a temporary table.

o   A LOB column cannot be added to a table defined with an EDITPROC.

o   The PRIMARY KEY clause cannot specify a LOB column as a column of the
    primary key.

o   The UNIQUE clause cannot specify a LOB column as a column of the
    unique key.

o   The referential-constraint clause cannot specify a LOB column as a
    column of a foreign key.

o   The CREATE INDEX statement cannot name a LOB column as a column of the
    index key.

o   A LOB column cannot be specified in a references clause.

System Action:  The statement cannot be executed.

Programmer Response:  Correct the syntax and resubmit the statement.

SQLSTATE:  42962