{Attachment?} Re: [unixODBC-dev] "Newbie" questionabout conne cting to DSN

Temple, Jonas O Jonas.Temple at TycoHealthcare.com
Wed Aug 11 15:23:35 BST 2004

"Nick Gorham" <nick at easysoft.com> wrote in message
news:<mailman.94.1092209729.17304.unixodbc-dev at mail.easysoft.com>...

> It may well be part of the distribution you are using. Did you build
> unixODBC yourself, or install a package ?

I built it myself.

> The ini's look ok, you have a [iSeries Access ODBC Driver] entry in
> odbcinst.ini that matches.
>
> Now we need to check if you are getting the ini's you expect.
>
> Try using isql first
>
> isql -v my170

Well, guess what...it worked!  Haven't tried odbctest yet but I have a
feeling that I may have to go back to the IBM driver side and see if I'm
doing something wrong there.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jonas