{Attachment?} Re: [unixODBC-dev] "Newbie" questionabout conne cting to DSN

Nick Gorham nick at easysoft.com
Wed Aug 11 08:34:34 BST 2004

Jonas Temple wrote:
> Nick Gorham wrote:
>
>> Temple, Jonas O wrote:
>>
>> Its possible, the default build puts it in /usr/local/etc/
>>
> Nick,
>
> Well, don't know how odbcinst.ini got into the /etc directory but it had
> a date from last year on it!  Anyway, I got rid of the file and then
> double-checked my ODBC config.  Then tried to run odbctest again but got
> the same results.  Here's my .odbc.ini file:

It may well be part of the distribution you are using. Did you build
unixODBC yourself, or install a package ?

The ini's look ok, you have a [iSeries Access ODBC Driver] entry in
odbcinst.ini that matches.

Now we need to check if you are getting the ini's you expect.

Try using isql first

isql -v my170

and then try using strace to see what files its opening

strace isql -v my170 2>st.log

grep open st.log

That should show what ini files are being opened. if you are not sure,
send the st.log file and I will take a look (post direct not via list).