{Attachment?} Re: [unixODBC-dev] "Newbie" questionabout conne cting to DSN

Jonas Temple jtemple at yhti.net
Wed Aug 11 03:44:25 BST 2004

Nick Gorham wrote:
> Temple, Jonas O wrote:
>
> Its possible, the default build puts it in /usr/local/etc/

Nick,

Well, don't know how odbcinst.ini got into the /etc directory but it had
a date from last year on it!  Anyway, I got rid of the file and then
double-checked my ODBC config.  Then tried to run odbctest again but got
the same results.  Here's my .odbc.ini file:

> [My170]
> Description		= iSeries Access ODBC Driver
> Driver		= iSeries Access ODBC Driver
> System		= TheFROGMachine
> UserID		= JONAS
> Password		= QWEASZ12
> Naming		= 0
> DefaultLibraries		= QGPL
> Database		=
> ConnectionType		= 0
> CommitMode		= 0
> ExtendedDynamic		= 0
> DefaultPkgLibrary		= QGPL
> DefaultPackage		= A/DEFAULT(IBM),2,0,1,0,512
> AllowDataCompression		= 0
> LibraryView		= 0
> AllowUnsupportedChar		= 0
> ForceTranslation		= 0
> Trace		= 0

And here's the /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini:

> [My170]
> Description		= iSeries Access ODBC Driver
> Driver		= iSeries Access ODBC Driver
> System		= TheFROGMachine
> UserID		=
> Password		=
> Naming		= 0
> DefaultLibraries		= QGPL
> Database		=
> ConnectionType		= 0
> CommitMode		= 0
> ExtendedDynamic		= 0
> DefaultPkgLibrary		= QGPL
> DefaultPackage		= A/DEFAULT(IBM),2,0,1,0,512
> AllowDataCompression		= 0
> LibraryView		= 0
> AllowUnsupportedChar		= 0
> ForceTranslation		= 0
> Trace		= 0

And lastly here's the /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini:

> [iSeries Access ODBC Driver]
> Description		= iSeries Access for Linux ODBC Driver
> Driver		= /opt/ibm/iSeriesAccess/lib/libcwbodbc.so
> Setup		= /opt/ibm/iSeriesAccess/lib/libcwbodbcs.so
> FileUsage		=
>
> [ODBC]
> Trace		= No
> TraceFile		= /tmp/sql.log