{Attachment?} Re: [unixODBC-dev] "Newbie" question about connecting to DSN

Nick Gorham nick at easysoft.com
Mon Aug 9 13:29:20 BST 2004

Jonas Temple wrote:
> Nick Gorham wrote:
>
>> Oh, our spam/virus blocker took exception to the .odbc.ini attachment,
>> maybe its better to include the contents inline in the mail instead of
>> as attachments.
>>
> Okay, no problem...here's the .odbc.ini:

Ok, you need a entry in the odbcinst.ini that matches the Driver = in
the .odbc.ini it doesnt know what driver to use.

I have (for example)

odbc.ini

[sample]
Description     = Test to DB2
Driver          = DB2

odbcinst.ini

[DB2]
Description             = DB2 Driver
Driver          = /usr/IBMdb2/V6.1/lib/libdb2.so
DontDLClose             = 1
FileUsage               = 1

See how the driver line in the DSN points to a entry in the odbcinst.ini
and that points to the lib to load.