[unixODBC-dev] Detailed ODBC Documentation

Nick Gorham nick at easysoft.com
Sun Aug 8 01:49:18 BST 2004

Peter Nolan wrote:
> Hi,
> does anyone know where there is more detailed ODBC documentation published
> other than what is in the SQL Books provided with Server 2000?  The SQL
> Server 2000 documentation describes most functions but does not show the
> detailed parameters and describe the behavior of the functions...I've been
> coding by trying and testing...but I guess there must be some kind of ODBC
> specifications out there somewhere. I'm quite happy to 'read the
> manual'..;-)

The one we (Easysoft) use is the ODBC 3 book (two book set) MS
published. Annoyingly its out of print now, but sometime can be found
2nd Hand on Amazon. The same text (at least the second part of the book)
can be found in the ODBC windows help file that i spart of the MDAC
download (though its getting harder to find). Also if you look on MS's
site and do a search for something like SQLSetStmtAttr you will find a
link to the same level of information.