[unixODBC-dev] best news/discussion groups for ODBC developers??

Nick Gorham nick at easysoft.com
Sun Aug 1 20:14:06 BST 2004

Peter Nolan wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone here had an opinion about the best place for ODBC
> developer discussion?

I am not sure there are many out there :-(

> I'm interested in finding a developer community for ODBC developers...and of
> course willing to contribute to the discussion.

Well, this list was originally aimed at the development of unixODBC, but
as it happens I just heard from Brian Jepson, that the FreeODBC list is
down (has been for some time) due to most of the traffic happening on
here. So if you know of any freeODBC references oround the net maybe
point them to this list.

I don't know what others think, but IMHO, there should be no reason why
this wasn't used as a general ODBC group, or if the members prefer to
keep this unixODBC based, I could throw off a odbc-dev group to be more
generic.

What do people think ?